Another “Society Silk” Rose!
If you follow my blog you know I am obsessed by quilting vintage linens. My favorite being “silk society” embroideries. This particular piece was very old and fragile, most likely late 1800’s or early 1900’s.
I used two layers of batting and began by outlining around the original embroidery.
The initial stitching is a bit overwhelming with two batting layers! I almost regretted the layers, that puff is scary as a quilter!! Once I started quilting it calmed down and became something spectacular very quickly.
The final piece is stunning if I do say so myself! I quilted to the outer edge and plan to cut away the backing, mat and frame. One more piece of gorgeous handwork, salvaged!!